I use innovative approaches to birth, sleep, & parenting challenges
We often focus on ways to achieve a healthy birth. But truthfully, the postpartum period is more important. How will you feel with baby in arms? Will you be euphoric or panicked? What will your infant's temperament be like? What about sleep?
A healthy postpartum period for all family members begins in pregnancy, but medical professionals rarely explain how. Also, families typically need the most support shortly after the baby's arrival, just when medical support has waned. This is where I come in.
The education I provide to parents is evidence-based, but I also know parent intuition carries important messages. I blend science with your intuition to find creative and effective solutions to your parenting challenges.
YOU NEED MY HELP IF YOU:
- Have an infant or child who has a sleep challenge
- Have an infant with colic
- Are pregnant and have insomnia, inexplicable fears of the pregnancy failing or labor going badly, or find your mind dominated by anxiety/concerns
- Don't know how to navigate conflicting scientific information on pregnancy, birth, and infant care
- Are debating options related to birth locations/style, circumcision, vaccination, childcare, parenting style, and more
- Are overwhelmed and stressed out (dads and/or moms)
- Are, or know, a father/partner who is uncertain where he comes in, in terms of fetal/infant care
- Want someone to teach you how to separate fact from fiction for yourself
- Want someone to give you honest, evidence-based information to help you make YOUR OWN DECISIONS that are right for you and your family.
There is a lot of conflicting advice out there on birth, maternal and infant health, and parenting strategies. How are you navigating them?
I approach birth, sleep, and parenting from an ecological perspective to arrive at out-of-the-box solutions to parents' challenges. For how an evidence-based approach to birth and parenting can benefit you, check out this blog post. For more on what I mean by "Birth Ecology" click here. To see specifically what I offer, see "My Services."
Photography provided by Paige Gunderson or Patrick Harvey-Collard